Sunday, August 17, 2008

Did I mention I don't deal well with uncertainty?

It seems that things are always changing in schools and that is something that makes them such exciting, dynamic places to work. It also makes them the perfect place for someone like me to work (I hate doing the same thing for too long and love a change and to broaden my horizons). Strangely though, although I love change and new challenges, I don't deal well with uncertainty and at the moment it seems that my position as I know it is uncertain. Our school is undergoing a leadership restructure. The proposed structure that was put forward to management committee this week left my position up for discussion and debate. Many decisions about the leadership structure have been made, however the classification of the curriculum innovation position is yet to be decided. There are all sorts of reasons why this position is problematic for the school. This becomes problematic for me too though because I don't really know where I stand and at the moment I am just waiting for a decision to be made about my future. The position will exist, but the debate is about the pay classification of the position and whether it will be classified as a leadership position. I thought that during this leadership restructure this would all be sorted out, however it seems as though it is far from sorted. All I can do at this stage is wait for further news and keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: