Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day One and not a student in sight...

So today was the first day back at school and the fun and games have started already. I guess that I hadn’t really thought about how last minute a lot of this BYTES stuff is. We are only a week away from beginning to teach the modules and they haven’t really been finished yet – ie – we don’t really know what we are even teaching yet and it is my responsibility to get two of them up and running and then to teach them too. In some ways they cant be fleshed out too much because the whole idea is that they are largely student driven, but if we have an objective for the students then it is important that they reach that objective and we have to work out how to get them to the end goal without chalk and talking or making it boring. They somehow have to gain all the information and knowledge that they will need to complete the end task and produce the final product, the challenge comes in how to get them to the point where they can do this, without bombarding them with information.
So my life at the moment is fairly hectic. We didn’t even have classes today – just meetings and I can already see how much work there is to be done for this BYTES job as well as the preparation for my other subjects. At least I have done my first couple of weeks of planning for most subjects. I think that I will just have to really organise my time this year and keep motivated. It is easy to have good intentions at this time of the year though – the challenge is in keeping them.

3 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

opps, mucked up. I was going to say 'yes yes yes, I agree agree agree'

M said...

OMG...i could practically take your entire post and paste it into my blog and just write Bye for now, Mx at the end....we should talk!! :)