Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yes...I'm still here...

It's 8.15 in the morning and despite the fact that I possibly have a million other things to do, I am choosing to write this instead. I think it's important and I made a pact with myself that I would keep this blog up to date. So... Thursday and Friday saw the official launch of the BYTES program with information sessions for the Year 9 Students, in their two groups, BYTES A & BYTES B. I managed to make the super-confusing timetable situation (2 different timetables running on a two week rotation) crystal clear for 14 & 15 year olds which is something to make me proud, and the other staff sitting in on the session were impressed as well. First official function down without so much as a hitch. Breathe in, Breathe out! Yesterday was the first day of BYTES classes, and I taught the same group 4 periods straight, but the activities and information that we had for them, to introduce them to melodrama, seem to have gone well. Started them on a reflective blog to get them thinking and writing about the experience of both BYTES and this particular unit but haven't had a chance to read them yet so I am interested to see what they think. So yesterday was a 6-on day for me and today may be the same which means that despite the fact that the Year 12's are on Camp and I am 5 periods down this week, I have not really had any time to myself. This morning is the first time that I read my blogs since Wednesday (and usually I obsessively read them every morning).
But I'm not complaining (even though it may sound like I am) because so far things seem to be going well and I am really happy with both my new position and my classes. My resolution to be super-prepared this year has so far not failed (we are only in the second week though) and I am enjoying the feeling of being truly on top of things.
Anyway, although only a small update, at least I am confirming that I am still here and that things are ticking along nicely albeit quite quickly.

No comments: