Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today is my last day of term because tomorrow one of my mates from work is getting married. I'm really excited. When I went to wish him luck yesterday he told me that before I know it it will be me getting married and the thought made me swell up with joy just a little bit on the inside. I can't wait to be married which is very different from my previous experience of being engaged. Another friend from work got engaged too on the weekend so if they get married in the next two years that will make 5 weddings from our school. I think it is the age - there are a lot more of us 'young' ones now (and I am one of the eldest of the young ones which makes me feel a little nanna-ish) and it is that time I guess where you are ready to meet someone and settle down. I guess I just need to enjoy where I am right now and stop wishing that I had everything yesterday!
On to work things - I have started working with our Teaching and Learning AP on a new curriculum model for Year 7. Due to the fact that we recently got funding to knock down an existing 50 year old building and create a new admin wing and Year 7 centre we are busily planning the sort of curriculum changes that might befit such a new building that has all the resources that Year 7 have previously had no access to. Building is due to start over this year's Christmas holidays and finish before the end of next Year so there is no time to lose. This is the part that I love - starting with a blank slate and imagining the possibilities. Thinking about all those things that you never thought were an option and that suddenly are now possible and working out how you can produce the best learning outcome for the Year 7s.
I am only taking home with me tonight a folder of Year 12 SACs ( a couple of hours work) and general planning for my three classes as well as this Year 7 stuff. I also have some long-term projects like the BYTES website that I would like to tidy up and get happening once and for all. I will use the holidays to get myself up to date and then start with a clean slate. Hopefully my housemate isn't home too much over the holidays or I might have to find myself somewhere else to be in order to escape. We don't have internet anymore either since he decided to stop paying the bill so I have to do something about getting some form of internet so that I don't have to drive to my mum's (30 mins away) just to use the internet. I will go crazy if I can't check my email! Anyway - here's to another long term (damn the people who set the term dates for vic) and to another new beginning next term.

No comments: