Sunday, April 04, 2010

Things to be thankful for:

I have had a few posts mulling around in my mind over the last few months but with all the craziness I never made time to get them down. I want to make a list of the things I am thankful for, because I feel that this new job has been the best move I could ever have made and I want to capture the moments I have been thankful for so far.
1. Having a job description with specified roles and responsibilities.
2. Being trusted to do that job.
3. Having a genuine voice in all decision making. It makes me feel valued.
4. The opportunity to work with many people that I admire and aspire to be like. I feel like I am learning so much every day from every interaction.
5. The opportunity to challenge myself and learn and grow. So important to feel like I am improving rather than stagnating.
6. The team of people I work with and the team of staff I lead. Amazing people who work so hard and just want the best for this school.
7. The students - a little bunch of nerds who just want to be as good as they can be at everything. Brings back memories of a little 'darce-nerd' from yesteryear!
8. Most of all I am thankful that I took the leap in to the unknown once again despite being scared because it really is only when you do this that you once again start to learn and grow.

1 comment:

Frogdancer said...

I was so pleased to hear from Liz that you were happy in the new job. It must be great to have your brain buzzing with enthusiasm... enjoy the couple of years break from the hell that is year 12 correction! More I cannot say...