Friday, October 03, 2008

Holiday Revitalisation

I am horribly slack with this blog. I realised it has been way too long since I have written. Sometimes I think that I have to know what I am going to write about before I start and that there has to be a purpose. If I am going to get better at blogging more regularly, then this thought process will have to stop. I have had an eventful, yet restful holiday so far. I spent the first weekend in Brisbane, bridesmaid dress shopping for my best friend's wedding and we managed to get shoes too which is a bonus. Since then I have read 4 novels, spent two days doing activities (jewellery making and cooking) with my mum's day care children, have been for a walk almost every second day (I need to get the wedding exercise program back in gear - I'm hoping the extra daylight from daylight savings will help me there) I have finished Year 12 SAC correction and have spent two afternoons at school working on a curriculum team structure with my AP. I have done two budget request forms for two of my programs for next year which is something I haven't had to do before so I am glad that is out of the way. I have caught up with some friends, visited my cousin and her new baby and just these last two days I feel like I am starting to relax.
Term 4 should be interesting. Things will really begin to be fleshed out with our new Year 7 structure and hopefully the positions and structure for next year too. There are so many things at the school at the moment that are uncertain so it will be interesting to see how things fall into place. I am excited about the potential new challenges for me next year. I'm not sure how certain things will pan out but I do know for sure that in May I am getting married and then going to Europe for 5-6 weeks which will be amazing. This may impact on my teaching responsibilities though, because 6 weeks is a long time to be missing Year 12s. I think if I am involved in running curriculum initiatives in the junior school then it makes sense that I take Year 7 again and perhaps Year 9 (still not so keen on Year 8s!). I have also been teaching Year 11s for 5 years so I am happy if I have a bit of a change if necessary. It is always at this time of the year that I start looking to next year and thinking about what is necessary to forward plan and what the best way is to start getting things done.
Before the end of the holidays I would love to get my Year 11 correction done but I also have some homework to do from the BYTES program so that I am ready for next staff meeting.
My new term resolution is to write more - lets see how that goes!

No comments: